Frequently Asked Questions
How many serves will my cake cover
- Coffee portions are 1 x 1 inch (2.5cm x 2.5cm)
- Standard wedding size dessert portions are 2 x 1 inch (5cm x 2.5cm).
- For more details visit the "About our Cakes" page.
How do I decide on a cake design
When choosing your cake design please browse through our gallery of images for ideas. You may find your ideal cake design, or you may find several elements you would like incorporated into your design.
To assist with your design, please provide us with some key features of your event such as invitations, colour schemes, decorations or a theme you would like us to coordinate with. Each of our cakes are uniquely designed so that they compliment your celebration perfectly.
Where are you located? Do you deliver
- Enchanted Cakes By Yvette is located in Shell Harbour, 25km south of Wollongong.
- Delivery is available to surrounding suburbs upon request - a surcharge will apply.
- The original price quoted for your cake generally does not include delivery unless otherwise stated
How to order
- Please fill out our Contact Us form or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a cake quote.
- Please be as specific as possible so that we have enough information to process your request and provide an accurate quote.
- Quotes are valid for 7 days.
- A 50% deposit is to be paid upon confirmation of all orders to secure your booking.
- We accept direct deposit or bank transfer or cash in person.
- Full payment is due 14 days prior to the event date.
- Cancellations less than 28 days prior to the event will incur a non-refundable deposit.
It is recommended that you book as soon as possible as only a limited number of bookings are available to ensure that adequate time is allocated to perfect each order.
- General lead time is 3-4 weeks, however bookings can be made with less time depending on our schedule.
- For orders with less than 4 weeks notice, the full payment is required on confirmation and is non-refundable.
- Alternatively, if you haven’t decided on your design or are unsure of the number of guests attending, you may reserve your date with a $100 non-refundable holding deposit and decide on your design at a later date.
- Please note that all custom cake orders are not confirmed until a deposit is received.
Acceptance of your cake(s) upon collection or delivery indicates that all components of the order are in good condition and that Enchanted Cakes by Yvette is not responsible for any subsequent loss or damage to the goods once the cake(s) has been handed over to the client or venue.
Do you provide consultations and tastings
Yes we do!
- Consultations can be arranged for wedding cakes over $500 to discuss all the finer details. - Each consultation is 30 minutes with the first consultation being free.
- Any subsequent consultations will incur a cost.
- Our tasting boxes are available for cake orders over $200 for a cost of $25.
- Up to 3 flavours may be chosen.
How do I store my cake, cupcakes, flowers and figurines
- All uncut cakes should be stored in a dry, cool place out of direct sunlight and somewhere where they will not be knocked or moved.
- Cakes covered in fondant or that have fondant decorations on them should not be stored in the fridge as the fondant will sweat and colours may run due to condensation.
- Cakes with brightly coloured fondant (especially pinks and purples) should be kept in a darker environment if possible, as these colours are more likely to fade significantly.
- Once the cake is cut, it may be wrapped in glad wrap and stored in the fridge for several days.
- Cupcakes should NOT be stored in the fridge as they tend to dry out much quicker than larger cakes and lose their freshness.
- Please store these in the box they are delivered in, in a dry, cool room out of direct sunlight.
FLOWERS & FIGURINES
- Non-edible decorations must be removed prior to the cake being cut and served. This may include (but is not limited to) wired flowers, fresh flowers, bling, internal support structure and figurines.
- Sugar paste flowers and figurines may be edible, but it is recommended that they be removed and kept as a keepsake of the celebration. Simply remove them from the cake and cut off the spike if present and wipe the base clean.
- Allow the sugar paste to dry completely over several days (maybe longer in humid conditions) and then store them in a clean cardboard box or display box out of direct sunlight.
- Please note that colours will fade over time.
- Do not store them in airtight containers or in the fridge or freezer as their integrity will not be maintained.